A homepage to resonate with folks
Updating Home Page
Jesse is a folk musician in the DMV passionate about social justice and capturing the highs and lows of the human experience. Feeling that he'd reached the edge of his skillset, but not fully satisfied with his home page, Jesse commissioned me to upgrade the home page of his musician's website to create a more inviting positive first impression and to direct people to listen to music before asking them to purchase.
Original Home Page
As the first post UX bootcamp project, this project provided the opportunity to practice the design process as it really happens... instead of chronological steps, this was a bit more of a meandering process that generally followed the flow below.
Before identifying design problem(s), I wanted to understand the context of Jesse's site. This allowed me to see what other musicians were doing and what types of information users are accustomed to finding on musician's websites.
1. Exploratory Research
- Competitor research - What do the home pages of similar musicians look like?
- Front-End Investigation - Limitations and benefits of Wix platform
- Identify Users - Who currently uses this site and who is the target audience?
- Assessment of current site - What’s working, what needs to change?
- For sake of time, designing directly in Wix and reviewing with Jesse before publishing.
- Video Demo/Client Feedback
- Next Steps
* The scope of this project was very small. For sake of time and budget, this project did not include user interviews or testing. To see if the changes have improved the site, usability testing or google analytic data would be needed.